Click the link below, fill the form and submit it if you want to buy/sell cryptocurrency.
If you are new to cryptocurrency kindly read what cryptocurrency is and what it is not below before adoption.
WHAT IS CRYPTOCURRENCY?
Cryptocurrency is a digital money and a medium of exchange for goods and services like normal currencies such as USD, EURO, POUNDS, GHANA, NAIRA E.t.c
But first, before we go deeply into cryptocurrency let’s talk about the evolution of money then you will know more better why cryptocurrency was invented and how it is designed to alleviate poverty.
WHAT IS MONEY??
money is anything that is widely accepted in exchange for goods and services.
Money is any item or verifiable record that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts.
FUNCTIONS OF MONEY
- Money serves as a medium of exchange
- As a store of value
- And as a unit of account.
Money’s most important function is as a medium of exchange to facilitate transactions.
Money is valuable merely because everyone knows everyone else will accept it as a form of payment – so let’s take a look at where it has been, how it evolved and how it is used today.
A barter system is an old method of exchange. This system has been used for centuries and long before money was invented. People exchanged services and goods for other services and goods in return.
Money, in some form, has been part of human history for at least the last 3,000 years. Before that time, it is assumed that a system of bartering was likely used.
Bartering is a direct trade of goods and services – In ancient days, our fathers did not use money as a means of exchange because money was not existing, all they did was! If you want a goat and I need a chicken we exchange both things together. It was done that way because money was not existing. – but such arrangements take time because someone might not want to trade with what you have to offer. If that didn’t work, you would have to alter the deal until someone agreed to the terms. This system of barter and trade spread across the world, and it still survives today on some parts of the globe.
Today it is enough to click on the button, swipe the plastic card at the store or simply use device for contactless payment and the necessary amount of money will be written off from the account. Have you ever thought about the development of money from ancient times to the present day?
What do we mean by money? Considering the earliest way of using money, it’s something valuable. With years, the material form of money has changed considerably – from barter to cowrie shells to metal coin to paper money, electronic money and now money has evolved to cryptocurrency.
Cryptocurrency is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange that uses strong cryptography to secure financial transactions, control the creation of additional units, and verify the transfer of assets.
Cryptocurrencies are kind of alternative currency and digital currency. It use decentralized control as opposed to centralized digital currency and central banking systems.
The decentralized control of each cryptocurrency works through distributed ledger technology, typically a blockchain, that serves as a public financial transaction database.
Decentralization means the network operates on a user-to-user (or peer-to-peer) basis
WHAT IS BLOCKCHAIN
The blockchain is an incorruptible digital ledger of economic transactions that can be programmed to record not just financial transactions but virtually everything of value.
By design, a blockchain is resistant to modification of the data. It is “an open, distributed ledger that can record transactions between two parties efficiently and in a verifiable and permanent way”.
Blockchain was invented by Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008 to serve as the public transaction ledger of the cryptocurrency Bitcoin.
The invention of blockchain for bitcoin made it the first digital currency to solve the double-spending problem without the need of a trusted authority or central server.
Blockchain can be used for a number of different things, including hospital records, financial transactions, and government data.
It is not controlled by anyone: There is no central authority such as a government or bank. Instead, everyone who uses it contributes to it in some small way. This kind of structure makes it more efficient and fair.
Proponents of the technology also point to its transparency, and it reduces the risk of fraud.
Blockchain creates a new standard of trust in transactions, because it relies on mathematics to underpin its records, and the digital signature on each transfer makes tampering with it impossible.
Today we have many existing cryptocurrencies such as: The Billion Coin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Litcoin E.t.c..
The Billion Coin is unlike every other cryptocurrency/fiat currency because it is the first abundance based currency and it is the most valuable private currency that people love to use as a medium of exchange to facilitate transaction.
The Billion Coin “TBC” is the most valuable non government driven decentralized digital currency in the world.
Kringles are the smallest unit of TBC just as there are Kobo To Naira, Pesewas to Ghana, Cent to Dollar and Satoshi to Bitcoin E.t.c.
What Is Fiat Currency?
Fiat currency is currency that a government has declared to be legal tender, but it is not backed by a physical commodity. The value of fiat money is derived from the relationship between supply and demand rather than the value of the material that the money is made of.
You see! So under Fiat Currency we have our local paper money such as:
Difference Between Fiat Currency And Cryptocurrency.
Cryptocurrency Is A Digital Money
While Fiat Currency Is Our Local Paper Money.
Money is anything widely accepted in exchange for goods and services. Right????
THE MOST IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS OF MONEY
Money is use as a medium of exchange, as a unit of account and a store of value.
Paper money mostly our naira does not have store of value. Let’s say you store/save your naira in your house or in the bank for whatever period of time you desire and go back to take your naira from where you stored/saved it, the naira will not add any more value rather it will even devalue.
The things 5 Naira, 10 Naira or 50 Naira could buy in 1980’s, they can not currently buy those things anymore. That’s to say 50 Naira can buy a whole lot of things in 1980’s but today 50 Naira is worthless.
If you see 5 Naira on the ground now you will walk pass it because it’s worthless and useless. You can not use it to buy anything, not even a biscuit or pure water
But you agree with me that 5 Naira was a huge amount of money those days right??
5, 10, or 50 Naira are worthless because they can not afford you anything today.
In 1980’s $1 = 0.550kobo but today 2019 $1 = 360/375/400 Naira.
Money has evolved from barter to cowrie to metal coin to paper money and now to “digital money” call cryptocurrency.
Cryptocurrency operates and stand as the real definition of money because it possesses the 3 most important functions of money.
- Cryptocurrency is use as a medium of exchange for goods and services
- Cryptocurrency serves as unit of account
- Cryptocurrency has store of value in the sense that it appreciates unlike fiat currency.
Let’s say you have, stored/saved 100 Naira worth of cryptocurrency in your wallet for some period of time, when you return to check your wallet the worth of that cryptocurrency might increase to 500 Naira worth of cryptocurrency without investment.
BANK AND THE PROMISSORY NOTE:
Before I continue kindly answer this few questions below.
- Can you deposit money into your Bank account without internet service ?
- Can you withdraw your money from the Bank/ATM without internet service ?
- Why must bank tell you to wait for the internet before they can update the unit of your bank account ?
What if the internet never existed?
No online banking systems available, which meant people had to stand in long queues for withdrawal, deposit, cheque clearance etc.
Have you been to a bank lately? There are still long lines…..!
Other various online government facilities would not have been available, resulting in queues everywhere as population would grow exponentially.
The questions above clearly tells you that the Naira “paper money” is given to you from the bank as a promissory note to facilitate easy transaction individually on behalf of the banking system.
So originally if you have money in your account with the bank it’s digitally recorded as a unit of account in their system.
You have (5,000) Naira in your bank account, it is just a “digital unit” recorded in the banking System. When you go to withdraw (1,500) Naira the bank give you a promissory note to represent (1,500) Naira to go and facilitate transaction in exchange for goods and services outside of the Bank. Then they will subtract (1,500) Naira digital unit from your (5,000) Naira digital unit that was initially recorded in your bank account to the balance (3,500) Naira digital unit.
- Current Account Maintenance Fee (CAMF) will be charged at a negotiable but subject to a maximum of N1 per mille when you initiate a transfer out of your account.
- For forex transfers out of your accounts using swift, you will be charged 0.5% COT plus any other associated off shore transfer charges. Thus, if you transfer $1,000 from your domiciliary accounts, they will charge you $5.
- Withdrawals on domiciliary accounts attract a charge of 0.05% of transaction value or $10 whichever is lower. This means they can’t charge you more than $10 for withdrawals.
- Bank drafts still remain the same at N300 and N500 from current and savings account respectively for account holders. It is N500 plus 0.1% of draft value for non-customers
- Banks can also charge N100 flat as processing fee for purchase and sale of treasury bills for their customers.
Electronic Banking Charges
- New hardware tokens will cost a maximum of N3,500 While software tokens are free, banks will charge an SMS rate of not more than N4/SMS.
- If you lost your hardware token and want it recovered, you will be expected to pay a maximum of N3,500
- However, you bear the full cost only in the event of physical damage, loss of token or replacement after expiration
- Electronic fund transfers will now incur a charge of N50
- Banks are allowed to charge card maintenance fees at $20 per annum (or its equivalent) for foreign currency denominated debt/credit cards.
- Naira debit/credit card will cost N50 monthly in card maintenance fees.
- Banks will also charge you N1,000 one-off charge for issuance of debit cards. If you lose the card and want it replaced it will also cost N1000 one-off. ATM WITHDRAWALS
- On-us withdrawals refers to cash withdrawals from an ATM in any of the branches of your bank.
- Not -on-us withdrawals refers to cash withdrawals using an ATM from your bank on an ATM of another bank.
- On-us withdrawals are free while not-on us withdrawals incur a charge of N65 after the third withdrawal within the same month.
- Banks are also allowed to continue to charge you not more than N4/SMS for transactions initiated by you.
- In the banking system you would have to provide series of documents to open a bank account and also to transact huge amount of money.
- Bank take your privacy and not just that, bank also sometimes hijack your transaction which causes delay in transaction.
Blockchain has made it possible for you to become your own bank and facilitate transaction in exchange for goods and services anytime and whenever you like without the need of a central authority or intermediary.
Blockchain is an incorruptible digital ledger of economic transactions that can be programmed to record not just financial transactions but virtually everything of value.
BENEFITS OF BLOCKCHAIN
- No single point of failure
- Unalterable copied only
- No third party involved
- Trusted transaction
- Realtime tracking
- Reduce cost
No single entity hold control over the system. All members of the blockchain are equally responsible for enforcing and approving all the transaction.
Every transaction in a blockchain is verified by all the members of the network which restrict manipulations and improves security.
All transaction are recorded transparently on a distributed ledger.
Finally cryptocurrency”The Billion Coin” does not charge for transaction of any kind.